POLISH BUSINESS AND INNOVATION CENTRES ASSOCIATION - PBICA
The mission of the Association established in 1992 is to support the creation and development of innovative enterprises and regions through factual and organizational support of organizers and management personnel of innovation and business centres in Poland. Currently, PBICA has over 200 members from innovation and business centres, as well as other institutions operating in the field of promoting entrepreneurship, innovation, technology transfer and regional development.
The aim of the Association is to:
- improve qualifications of organisers and employees of innovation and business centres,
- popularise knowledge as well as scientific and practical achievements in the field of organisation and functioning of innovation and business centres,
- support technology and innovation transfer, especially from science to economy,
- support the increase of competitiveness of small and medium enterprises,
- create model solutions of entrepreneurship support,
- build a modern job market,
- integrate and improve cooperation between innovation and business centres,
- promote research and educational activity in the field of entrepreneurship, innovation, technology transfer and regional development.
The Association pursues its mission by:
- creating systems of information,
- organising training courses, consultations, conferences, symposia, competitions and conventions,
- publishing information and course materials and initiating publications in accordance with statutory aims of the Association,
- cooperating with other organisations and institutions from Poland and abroad in order to accomplish the statutory aims of the Association,
- conducting research, preparing analyses and evaluations (e.g. to orders of government institutions and international organisations) in the field of entrepreneurship, innovation, technology transfer and regional development,
- cooperating with self-governments, local and central administration as well as academic and research units,
- monitoring development of Polish innovation and business centres, popularising the achievements in the political and self-government circles in Poland and abroad as well as providing these circles with information.
The Association serves as a network which coordinates and inspires people and organisations supporting entrepreneurship, innovation, technology transfer and regional development. The Association maintains professional contacts with over 600 innovation and business centres, the majority of which are technology parks and incubators, technology transfer centres, business incubators, loan funds as well as training and consulting centres.
PBICA is a non-governmental institution with a strong expert base actively participating in open debates on preparation of strategy and programme documents on the regional, domestic and EU level as far as innovation, entrepreneurship, technology transfer and regional development are concerned.
POZNAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PARK OF ADAM MICKIEWICZ UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION (PSTP OF AMU FOUNDATION)
is the first Polish science and technology park established in May 1995 as part of Adam Mickiewicz University Foundation in Poznan. The initiator of the Park’s establishment is Prof. Bogdan Marciniec, who was awarded a prestigious prize of the Foundation for Polish Science, known as the Polish Nobel Prize, former Rector of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan and former Chairman of Adam Mickiewicz University Foundation and Director of Poznan Science and Technology Park.
Poznan Science and Technology Park of AMU Foundation is a place where young and experienced entrepreneurs, researchers and investors can meet and cooperate. With its modern and functional objects, the Park has created unique conditions for the development of innovative business.
Poznan Science and Technology Park provides analyses, research, consultations and support for entrepreneurs. InQbator, High Technology Incubator Complex or Technology Transfer Department provide comprehensive support, tailored to individual needs of PSTP’s tenants. Lately Poznan Science and Technology Park of AMU Foundation invested in thirteen new enterprises operating in the field of biotechnology, chemistry, information and communication technologies. Technologically advanced entrepreneurs receive assistance in the form of EU funds, contacts with foreign partners and the implementation of technological and innovative solutions. Another important project of PSTP is Waste- Klaster with over 60 companies and institutions, which can develop more effectively thanks to the cooperation with one another.
PSTP provides a modern and friendly infrastructure: offices, labs, conference and training rooms, buffet and a kindergarten. The park occupies more than five acres where more than 80 modern companies are located, employing nearly 350 people.
THE OFFER of PSTP
- Research services in the field of chemistry and chemical technology, archeology, computer science, physics, geology, environment, economics and socio-cultural issues.
- Supporting the implementation of innovation: diagnosis of capabilities and needs, competitor and trend analysis, commercialization strategy, intellectual property management, technology transfer.
- Consultations and training in the field of raising finance, running a business, etc.
- Comprehensive support for the creation and development of a company: market analysis, innovation audit, strategy development, financing, searching for partners in Poland and abroad.
- Technology InQbator – professional support of advisors and consultants selected to meet the current needs of tenants, preferential rental rates for newly established enterprises.
- Modern infrastructure: laboratories with full equipment, offices, server room, consultancy and conference rooms.
- A friendly environment: kindergarten, canteen, photocopying rooms, free car parking spaces.
- Support of partner parks.